Today I am bringing a prophetic Word to you,someone is about to be promoted but we have to play our part by re-examing our giving. Christians usually claims their rights from God...Ohh God please give me house,car,money,school fees but they forget their responsibility of giving.
Sometimes it difficult to give due to the following;
· We attach value to money (prices, time)
· An illusion that the more we have the better
· Lack of understanding of the truth
· Maturity = We need to grow
· Money = life (bread)
A STEWARD is one who manages another's property, finances, or other affairs. A steward does not own anything—he is to make his master a profit
Opening Scripture Mark 12:41-44; 41 “Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”
Also read Mat 25:14-30; Luke 12:48
Reasons why we should give;
1 : Everything belongs to God Ps 24:1-5, I Cor 10:26
· Everything we have belongs to God;
· We are just stewards, we are to manage it for His glory
· Stewards are to be trustworthy ( I Cor 4:1,2, Mat 25:14-30 )
2 : God is our Source (Father) II Corinthians 9:10-12; Luke 15 :11, 12
· God provides “seed” for the sower so he can reap, resow, rereap, resow, etc.
· And bread for eating
· The question is how do we sow? II Corinthians 9: 6-8.
· God wants us to be cheerful givers.
3 : Giving reflects our level of Trust/Faith to God Luke 6:38, Mat 6:31-34, Proverbs 3:9-10
- Give and you shall be given
4 : Giving reflects our Love for God 2 Co. 8:9, John 3:16,
· We are to love our neighbors as ourselves. I John 3:17
· If we love our neighbors as ourselves, we will help them in time of need. Proverbs 3:27, 28
· God gives us resources and He expects us to help our brother when he is experiencing trial.
· God says He will reward the one who helps the poor.
· James and John both say that if we have the resources to help a brother in time of need; and we refuse, then our faith is meaningless and we sin.
5 : Giving reflects our Worship to God Proverbs 3:9-10
· We give to God first, before anyone else, right off the top of our income.
· We are to have no other gods before the one, true God (Deut 5:6-10).
· We are to bring the first-fruit of our crops to God recognizing that God is our source (Exodus 34:19-22,26).
· We are to give a tenth of all we get to God as our tithe (Leviticus 27:30-34).
6 : Giving is an opportunity to Invest in Heaven Mat 6:19-21
· earthly treasures are subject to decay, rust and theft.
· The word, treasure, implies a “strong attachment.”
· Quote: I have tried to keep things in my hands and lost them all, but what I have given into God’s hands I still possess.
· Acts 1 0:4 Cornellius
· God keeps track of our stewardship!
7 : Giving show a sense of responsibility and maturity
· Salvation is free but someone paid the price
· God’s house/Ministry/the church has many needs
8: Giving is the only area we can test God Malachi 3:7-12
• God says to test Him by paying the whole tithe—to see if He won’t bless us. We must do our part first.
• When God blesses us, He will give us more than we gave Him and He will rebuke the devourer so that our crops (work) will bear fruit.
• Tithes were obligatory for funding the basic ministry. Offerings were designated for special things over and above the tithe.
9 : Giving reflects our Obedience
· Points of reflection:
· This is how much I trust you Lord
· This is how much I love you!
· This is how much I worship you!
Your security is not in your savings but your giving! Luke 12:20